Thursday, November 29, 2007

How to fold a shirt

I pretty much grew on my own.My mum was busy working, dad was busy being absent and grandparents too busy whining to my mother what bad undisciplined and messy children we(my brother and I) were.
While this is what they should've done instead, teach us how to be neat! (To be honest they didn't know how themselves) ;)
So kids, bachelors and bachelorettes, I present to you impeccability.. the method to the madness of folding a shirt

  1. Button the top button and the third button.(I sometimes button the first and the last button)
  2. Lay the shirt face-down on the folding surface.(yes a flat surface is a must if you want it perfect) You should be looking at the back of your shirt.
  3. Smooth out any puckers or wrinkles, so the shirt is flat front and back.
  4. The first fold is the right side. Fold about one-third of the body toward the center of the shirt. The fold line starts at the center of the shoulder and ends at the tail. You should see the back of your shirt with about one-third of the front folded to the back.
  5. Neatly fold the sleeve forward, creating an angled fold at the shoulder. The sleeve should line up with the edge of the first body fold.
  6. Fold the left side in the same manner.
  7. Make a fold of several inches of the shirt tail.
  8. Fold up the bottom half of the partially folded shirt. The tail should be just behind the collar of the shirt now.
  9. Turn the entire shirt over. You should have a neatly folded shirt as you typically see at a clothing store.


No comments: